Negar founded BlackLion Law in May 2010 to specialise in litigation on behalf of claimants against banks. Her practice has developed in response to need and has grown to include corporate and commercial litigation, general counsel services, strategic advisory and litigation management drawing on media, communications, public affairs, forensics and investigative teams. Negar advises sovereign governments, sovereign wealth funds, state actors, corporates, investors, private funds and HNW and high profile private individuals who require contentious and non-contentious advice.
Negar has unrivalled and unique experience in both finance and law due to her background in international capital markets and structured finance as an investment banker, and formerly as a lawyer, in leading UK and US investment banks and law firms. She has particular knowledge of bond and debt financing and restructuring, liability management, real estate finance and sovereign advisory.
RECENT MATTERS AND TRANSACTIONS
- Acting for listed company in its high yield bond issue
- Acting for a CEO in relation to the listed securitisation of a real estate company
- Acting for various different clients under investigation by regulatory authorities including The Serious Fraud Office and The Department of Justice with respect to fraud, corruption, bribery and money laundering allegations
- Acting for a claimant in a high value divorce case to challenge and lift diplomatic immunity, including an application for judicial review, leading to precedent Court of Appeal judgement in the client’s favour
- Acting for clients in several high profile real estate disputes and partnership disputes
- Advising claimants in litigation against insurers for failure to pay under corporate policies, bank disputes, misconduct claims against solicitors, etc
- Acting for a client in a complex international trusts litigation
- Acting for a Russian corporate client in a complex fraud case against a leading UK bank
- Acting for various international high net worth and high profile private individuals and families as general counsel in all matters including real estate finance, corporate litigation, joint ventures globally etc.
- LPC, College of Law
- LLB (Hons) in Law, University College London
- Farsi, French, Spanish.